Women's Writing Workshop
Time & Location
About the Event
Driftless Dirt Farm Hiking WRITER'S WORKSHOP:
Come gather seeds of writing! Immerse yourself in farmland, Mother Nature and a bit of exercise. This writer's workshop will take you from the Driftless Dirt Farm on a 3-mile hike through woodland trails and down a country gravel road. We will stop intermittently to explore, reflect and write about our ideas that form femininity/what it means to be woman through the lens of Mother Nature. Along the way we will gather seeds of writing that you can take home to explore or continue as writers. We will focus on writing memoir - stories that come from your own experiences - and end with the realizations and understandings of who you are in relation to those experiences or events. No writing experience necessary. $25 per person.
WHAT TO BRING:
- Comfortable clothing and walking shoes. (Dress in layers)
- Backpack (comfortable and hands free) for your gear.
- Water bottle
- Spiral journal or notebook for writing (Spiral makes it easy to control if we write standing up.)
- A favorite writing tool collection (pencils, gel pens, felt tip - bring a small variety)
- A friend, if you like
- Guided inspiration/exercises for writing
COST: $25 per person to be paid at event - cash or check only.